If you are a hunting enthusiast, having a good pair of good binoculars for hunting is a must-have for a successful hunt. Many outdoorsmen would even go as far as comparing their hunting binoculars with their rifles in terms of importance. For a hunter, using good binoculars not only increases the chances of success but also improves the enjoyment of being in nature. Quality binoculars providing a clear, bright, and sharp view of the terrain and the wildlife that hides in it.
When looking for good binoculars for hunting, remember that it can make or break your hunting experience, so choose wisely. Especially for hunting consider the twilight factor. Binoculars that perform well in low light conditions are good because they can still provide bright enough images at dawn or dusk when many game animals are active.
Binoculars with a wide field of view are great for scanning the terrain and finding game that is lurking in the woods. These are just some of the things a good pair of binoculars offers. Below are some of the best binoculars for hunting.
Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Binoculars
The Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 10×25 is one of the lightest and most compact binoculars weighing in only about 10 ounces. Thanks to its small size, it fits into any pocket and is ideal for the spontaneous observation of wild animals, birds, or just scanning the scenery.
It is a practical second binocular, that comes in handy when your main binoculars are large and bulky.
The good Bushnell workmanship and quality materials, such as ED Prime glass (extra-low dispersion)and coated Bak4 prisms ensure a crystal clear, bright, and vivid picture. The waterproof housing is made of magnesium, the exterior lenses are water repellent thanks to a RainGuard HD lens coating.
- Extra-low dispersion prime glass for high-resolution images
- Fully Multi-coated lenses and phase-coated prims
- Field of View – 283 feet at 1000 yards
- Eye relief 17mm
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Durable, made from high-quality materials
- Fog proof and waterproof
- ED glass and Bak 4
- Close Focus 6 feet
- Not for low light conditions
Vortex Optics Viper HD 10×42 Binoculars
The Viper HD 10×42 is a compact, lightweight, ergonomically designed binoculars that are great for hunting or bird watching. ED glass, multi-coated Lenses, and phase-corrected prisms provide impressive image quality, high light transmission, and color-true images. Rubber-reinforced housing provides grip and protection against tough outdoor conditions. The Instrument is water and fog proof, thanks to O-ring seals and Argon purging. Great value binoculars that perform like more expensive premium models but at an affordable price.
- Extra-Low Dispersion glass HD lenses for excellent image quality
- Phase coated prisms
- Eye Relief 17mm, Adjustable Eye Cups
- Argon purged, O-ring sealed, Waterproof and Fog
- Very lightweight and compact, only 25 ounces
- Durable, coated with “rubber armor” in case of dropping, etc.
- Armor Tek outer exterior lens coating
- Affordable – but with top of the line features
- There is nothing to complain
Nikon 7576 MONARCH 5 8×42 Binocular
These binoculars have a rubber-armored body to make them durable and endure tough use in any climate or environment. The Nikon Monarch LIne features excellent optics such as premium Extra-Low Dispersion glass multicoated lenses and dielectric phase-coated prisms. All ensuring great optical performance as one expects from Nikon.
- 100% waterproof and fog proof
- Rubber-armored body for durability
- Multi-coated eco glasses
- Turn and slide eyecups made of rubber
- Extra-Low Dispersion glasses
- Lightweight and durable
- 19.5 mm eye relief suitable for eyeglass wearers
- Prisms with dielectric phase coating provide excellent image quality
- none for that price they come at
Leica 10×42 Geovid Laser Rangefinding Binoculars
These binoculars will surely amp up your entire hunting experience to a new level with its built-in laser rangefinder. The rangefinder provides an accurate range up to one mile and features premium optical quality essential for serious hunting enthusiasts.
- Built-in 3000-yard laser range finder
- Waterproof and fog proof
- Non-slip grip housing made of rubber for durability
- Includes integrated ballistics computer
- Made of top of the line HD fluoride glass with Perger-Porro prism system
- Wide field of range for a 10x binocular
- Allows user limited customization in ballistics curve for the load through a micro-SD card
- Includes an external ballistics app where atmospheric conditions such as temperature, pressure and incline can be displayed for input
- Hefty price
- Buttons can cause confusion, take time getting used to
Zeiss 10×42 Victory RF Binoculars
Believed to be one of the most accurate and reliable rangefinders on the market. These binoculars are made of premium fluoride glass for high optical quality.
- Very accurate range finding capabilities
- Large field of view
- The ranging button is easy to use and placement is ideal
- Includes a light button, similar to a trigger on a rifle, to keep you from moving off target while using it
- Some users complained of several “no reads” offhand
- Limited ballistic function to 500 yards
Compromise on Hunting Binoculars
The nature of the hunt may require different binoculars. If you are still hunting, tracking the game through dense forest, you will likely prefer a model with a wide field of view. And if you are sitting in a stand at dusk, a low light model is more desirable.
Actually, every hunter would need more than one pair of binoculars to be prepared for different situations. And in fact, quite a few hunters have three or four binoculars, which they have acquired over the years for various purposes.