Bushnell has over 50 years of experience in optical equipment and is one of the most recognized names in the world of binoculars. The range of sport optics from Bushnell is large and covers almost every area of use and every price range
The Bushnell Falcon Binoculars line is one of the most affordable Porro prism models in Buschnell’s large program. The value for money is remarkable, so it’s no wonder that the popular Bushnell Falcon 7×35 binoculars are often purchased by so many budget-conscious outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy activities such as bird watching, wildlife viewing, and general observation. They are also a great choice when buying children’s binoculars to get kids interested in wildlife and nature.
The Falcon at a Glance
|Optical Glass||Regular Crown/Flint|
|Lens Coating||Fully coated|
|Objective diameter||35 mm|
|Exit pupil||5 mm|
|Eye relief||12 mm|
|Field of view||20ft/1000yrd|
|Close focus||20 feet|
|Water/Fog Proof||Water-resistant only|
Features of the Bushnell Falcon
- A 35-mm objective lens in combination with a Magnification of 7X provides users a clear, crisp, and thorough view.
- 5-mm exit pupil
- Wide field of view of 420-ft. at a thousand yards to allow users to observe a broad range of scenery from a distance
- The BK-7 Porro prisms have one coating that improves light transmission, making the device recommended for daytime use and even the cloudiest of days.
- Has InstaFocus feature to allow users to focus in quickly on their objects of interest
- 12-mm eye relief
- Includes foldable eyecups to safeguard lenses from abrasions and it can also be employed by eyeglass-wearing users
- Has external rubber coating to help safeguard the exteriors of the device and better handling
- Includes protective housing for safer storage plus neck strap for hands-free carrying
The Falcon, as the name suggests, is actually a great pair of binoculars aimed at the beginner birdwatching enthusiast, to view our little feathered friends without investing in premium binoculars from the start. It is capable of producing images with great clarity and crispness. With the InstaFocus lever, you can focus on objects at different distances in a flash, just with the flick of a finger.
The Bushnell Falcon is recommended for folks who like observing a great deal of detailed scenery. But as mentioned before, it will highly benefit beginners in the bird-watching pursuit. They are a good choice for kids too, once they get the hang of using the device.
The model will also suit avid campers and hikers who venture into the wild and take pleasure in observing nature. By way of its wide field of view, the user can scrutinize in precision a wide variety of scenery at a great distance.
Other than that, the Bushnell Falcon feels light and rates high when it comes to ergonomics. The rubber coating prevents slipping. The neck strap allows users to just hang the device on their necks if they are not using it. It is a strong and durable pair as well and it can certainly accommodate a broad range of outdoor activities that call for optics.
The image quality that the device providers and its excellent design and built, works well with its array of features. It operates nicely for its price level and value so users can make use of the binoculars for an extended period of time.
The Falcon 7×35 mm is not waterproof. Even though the device is made from quality, durable materials, unfortunately, it lacks this important aspect. Binoculars that are not o-ring sealed or purged with a noble gas can be vulnerable to fogging during temperature fluctuations in humid or cold weather. Making them waterproof and fog-proof would really expand their lifespan. Users need to take particular care of using the device during bad weather conditions.
The rubber eyecups provide comfort and shading, but despite them, the 12mm eye relief may cause some problems for users that rely on their eyeglasses when using binoculars. But for that price it comes at, nobody should complain.
- Fully coated optics for superior light transmission
- Instafocus System for fast focus on moving targets
- Non slip rubber grip pads for secure grip in all weather conditions
- 7X magnification, auto focusing porro prism
- 35 Millimeter lens diameter, 21 Ounce weight
Verdict of the Bushnell Falcon 7 x 35
If you are a beginner in the bird-watching hobby and looking to find the best binoculars under 50 $ that actually work great, the Falcon 7×35 from Bushnell is a good choice that will suit beginners well. It will zero in on your subject fast and easily without the blur and other kinds of hassles.
However, if you like traveling to known areas with unpredictable weather, you better settle for a fog-proof and waterproof model. Bushnell actually has other binoculars in their line with waterproof and fog-proof features so you should check out the Bushnell Legend Ultra or the Bushnell H2O binoculars series.
The Bushnell Falcon is a very affordable pair of binoculars that works well and will make any budget-conscious bird-watching enthusiast or hiker happy.
Not to recommend for wearers of eyeglasses.