This post contains affiliate links. If you follow a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost for you.
The Bushnell Falcon Binoculars line is known to be good value binoculars at an affordable price. They are high-performance optics liked by individuals in sports and recreational pursuits ranging from golfers, hunters to bird-watchers. The very popular bestselling Bushnell Falcon 7×35 Binoculars are built to allow users to enjoy activities like bird-watching, wildlife and outdoor activities with a pair of binoculars that don’t break the bank. They are also a good choice when buying kids binoculars to get children interested in wildlife and nature.
Features of the Bushnell Falcon
- A 35-mm objective lens in combination with a Magnification of 7X provides users a clear, crisp and thorough view.
- The BK-7 Porro prisms have one coating that improves light for transmission, making the device recommended for daytime use and even the cloudiest of days.
- Has InstaFocus feature to allow users to zero in quickly on their subjects minus the magnification hassles
- Features 12-mm eye relief and 5-mm exit pupil
- Includes foldable eyecups to safeguard lenses from abrasions and it can also be employed by eyeglass-wearing users
- Has external rubber coating to help safeguard the exteriors of the device and better handling
- Includes protective housing for safer storage plus neck strap for hands-free carrying
- Features a wider field of view of 420-ft. at a thousand yards to allow users to observe a broad range of scenery from a distance
The Falcon, as the name suggests, is actually a great pair of binoculars aimed at the binning birdwatching enthusiast, to view our little feathered friends without investing in premium binoculars from the start. It is capable of producing images with greater clarity and crispness. It’s automatic focus alone works effectively; in fact, you might not use its InstaFocus lever to adjust the magnification since the autofocus is always precise.
The Bushnell Falcon is recommended for folks who like observing a great deal of detailed scenery. But as mentioned before, it will highly benefit beginners in the bird-watching pursuit. They are a good choice for kids too, once they get the hang of using the device.
The model will also suit avid campers and hikers who venture into the wild and take pleasure in observing nature. By way of its wide field of view, the user can scrutinize in precision a wide variety of scenery at a great distance.
Other than that, the Bushnell Falcon feels light and rates high when it comes to ergonomics. The rubber coating prevents slipping. The neck strap allows users to just hang the device on their necks if they are not using it. It is a strong and durable pair as well and it can certainly accommodate a broad range of outdoor activities that call for optics.
The image quality that the device providers and its excellent design and built, works well with its array of features. It operates nicely for its price level and value so users can make use of the binoculars for an extended period of time.
This model Falcon 7×35 mm is not fog-proof and waterproof. Even though the device is made from quality, durable materials, unfortunately, it lacks those important aspects. Binoculars that are not o-ring sealed or purged with a noble gas can be vulnerable to fogging during temperature fluctuations in humid or cold weather. Making them waterproof and fog-proof would really expand their lifespan. Users need to take particular care of using the device during bad weather conditions. It would also have been better if the lenses of the binoculars had more than just a single layer coating. But for that price it comes at, nobody should complain.
- Fully coated optics for superior light transmission
- Instafocus System for fast focus on moving targets
- Non slip rubber grip pads for secure grip in all weather conditions
- 7X magnification, auto focusing porro prism
- 35 Millimeter lens diameter, 21 Ounce weight
Last update on 2020-06-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Verdict of the Bushnell Falcon 7 x 35
If you are a beginner in the bird-watching hobby and looking to find the best binoculars under 50 $ that actually work great, the Falcon 7×35 from Bushnell is a good choice that will suit beginners well. It will zero in on your subject fast and easy without the blur and other kinds of hassles.
However, if you like traveling to known areas with unpredictable weather, you better settle for a fog-proof and waterproof model. Bushnell actually has other binoculars in their line with waterproof and fog-proof features so you should check the Bushnell Legend Ultra out.
The Bushnell Falcon is a very affordable pair of binoculars that works well and will make any budget-conscious bird-watching enthusiast or hiker happy.