This post contains affiliate links. If you follow a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost for you.
One of the most common uses for binoculars is bird watching. To enjoy the bird watching you should pay attention to a few binoculars features.
Birdwatching binoculars should be easy to handle, compact, and light in weight they need to be quick and easy to focus, and most importantly: produce clear and detailed images that are rich in contrast and true in color.
Wingspan Optics CrystalView wit ED Glass will just du that as they are specially designed for bird watching
Wingspan Optics CrystalView Ultra HD 8X42
Is a Chinese manufacturer but they make pretty good binoculars that are designed specifically for bird watching. Their binoculars are widely known for their affordable quality and outstanding attention to detail, which makes them a popular choice among bird watchers.
|Optical Glass||Extra-Low Dispersion Glass|
|Lens Coating||Lenses Fully Multi-coated|
|Prism systems||Phase corrected, Roof, BaK4|
|Objective diameter||42 mm|
|Exit pupil||5.2 mm|
|Eye relief||17.8 mm|
|Field of view||129m/1000m 425/1000yrd|
|Water resistance||Nitrogen purged Water + Fog proof|
The optics – Fully multi-coated lenses with phase correction BK4 prisms
Ultra High-definition glass lenses that are fully multi-coated allow plenty of light to reach the observer’s eye. The Barium Crown glass (Bak4) prisms are phase-corrected for increased color fidelity.
The transmission that the ED optical glass provides, together with the 42 mm lens diameter, lets the instrument collect ample light. The results is contrast-rich, clear, high definition images that are true in color, a joy when watching birds feeding early in the morning.
Wide field of view
Serious birds watcher love to have a wide field of view that is associated with a magnification power of 8x. The Wingspan CrystalView 8X42 provides 425 feet at 1000 yards. This lets you scan the whole scenery without missing a thing that may be moving there.
A wide field of view lets you also better follow the steady and swift motion of the birds flying in the motion so you get to study the bird’s flight in their natural environment.
When you are hiding in a birdwatching tent, feathered friends may get really close. The close focus range of the Nature Pro of just about 6 feet will allow you to zoom in on the object and watch in real close for a detailed view.
Long eye relief for wearers of glasses
Adjustable eye cups put your eye at the ideal distance to the instrument. When completely all retracted the long eye relief of 17.2 mm provides enough clearance so even wearers of eyeglasses can enjoy a full view of the projected images with any shading or image loss.
Waterproof and Fog proof
Bad and miserable weather is something we have to deal with. Binoculars that can not tolerate a bit of water and moisture are not really suitable for outdoor conditions. Luckily the CrystalView is O-ring sealed and Nitrogen filled to waterproof and fog proof the unit.
Since birds are in motion a lot and one needs to follow their swift movement, the handiness of binoculars is an essential feature. Long observation times with a heavy instrument would also tire arms and shoulders.
The Wingspan Optics CrystalView Ultra HD 8X42 weighs over 1 pound that is not really that light anymore for an 8×42 binocular but still lightweight enough to follow moving objects easy enough as well as allowing you to keep a steady hand during long observation times.
All binoculars from Wingspan Optics are covered by the company’s Limited Lifetime Warranty. If the product is faulty or has defects in materials and workmanship the company will guarantee the repair or replacement of the product.
- Extra-Low Dispersion glass
- Fully Multi-coated lenses as well as phase correction
- Impressive color clarity and image sharpness
- Long eye relief, good for wearing glassses
- Ergonomic and lightweight design
- With an extra-wide field of view to scan large areas and follow objects
- Waterproof and fog-proof ensures functionality in any weather
- Plastics chassis
Wingspan Optics CrystalView Ultra HD 8X42 worth it?
If you’re looking for binoculars that are durable and also very affordable, Wingspan is a choice to consider. At this low price range, the features of Wingspan binoculars and their optical performance are really good. Their bird watching binoculars are great for casual bird watchers or if you just starting to become a hobby ornithologist.
- Close Focus with Extra-Wide Field Of View - Our advanced Ultra HD Bird Watching Binoculars gives you the best of both worlds. Close Focus so you can capture every color and detail of a bird a few feet away. And a Wide Field of View allowing you to capture fast moving birds in seconds.
- World Class HD Sharpness and Color Fidelity - Step up to spectacular! CrystalView Ultra HD Professional Bird Watching Binoculars delivers Ultra Sharp, Clear, True Color Images, close up or far away.
- A Cleaner and Brighter Image - Extra-Low Dispersion ED Glass reduces chromatic aberration which causes color fringing and produces a cleaner and brighter image than standard binoculars.
- High Quality and Protection From Extreme Outdoor Conditions - Ultra Durable Exterior, Waterproof, Fog Proof, Phase Correction, Coated Prism and Fully Multi-Coated Lenses . 8 X Magnification and 42mm Multi-Coated Lenses delivers brightness, high resolution color and the clearest, brightest, steady bird watching views.
- No Risk, No Worry! - Your Binoculars come with a 12 MONTH PROMISE, Plus a 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, just in case you're not satisfied with your purchase.
Last update on 2021-01-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API