This post contains affiliate links. If you follow a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost for you.
More than a century of experience in optics development at Leica Camera Company makes Leica one of the best binoculars manufacturers in the world. The German-made Leica binoculars come at a prize but the quality speaks for itself.
With the NOCTIVID binoculars 8×42 and 10×42, Leica introduces two high-quality and extremely durable binoculars. The high-end binoculars are a revolution in the field of observation optics and offer ambitious bird, nature and outdoor fans an unrivaled quality.
Features of the Leica Noctivid
- 12 precise glass lenses of SCHOTT HT™ (High Transmission) for amazingly natural color rendition and increased brightness.
- Improved geometry of lens surfaces for never-before-achieved resolution and edge-to-edge image sharpness.
- High-temperature plasma deposition lens coatings for perfectly balanced light transmission throughout the entire wavelength range of visible light.
- An innovative new baffle system provides new levels of stray light reduction for improved image contrast.
- New eyepiece design for longer eye-relief, nearer close focus, and wider field-of-view.
- Lightweight, high-strength magnesium body with patented hardness Class 8 surface coating for superior corrosion protection.
- All external lens surfaces benefit from Leica’s HDC® coating for superior abrasion resistance and Leica’s AuqaDura® lens coating provides for ease of cleaning and crystal-clear views in any weather.
- Superior sealing and nitrogen purged for the highest-rated water-/fog-proof performance in any environment – submersible to 16 feet.
- Rubber armoring for a sure grip, added impact protection, and comfortable ergonomics.
- A high mechanical precision focusing system for properly metered focusing speed and tack-sharp images.
The Leica Noctivid produces extraordinary crystal-clear pictures to view just about anything you want without any distortion or interference thanks to the perfectly matched combination of light transmission and stray light suppression. The color neutrality and brilliance create a near-perfect 3D view even under difficult light conditions during dusk or at nighttime viewing.
A grippy rubber coating gives the body an exceptionally pleasant feel and is at the same time non-slip and shock-absorbing. A high-strength, patented special lacquer additionally protects the metal surfaces of the robust magnesium housing. The center of gravity of the binoculars was positioned so that it lies directly in the wrist. This allows for long, relaxed observation and simple handling of the binoculars with only one hand.
These binoculars are waterproof, fog-proof and even submersible. You don’t have to worry about using your binoculars on rainy days or out at sea on a boat. The technology behind the binoculars is simply exceptional, and if you’re looking for specialized binoculars for different purposes, these can fit the bill.
There are not really any issues concerning the superior quality of the Noctivid binoculars except maybe that not everybody can afford them.
- Prism Type: Roof
- Magnification: 8X
- Eye relief: 19mm
- Objective lens diameter: 42mm
- Weight: 30.3oz
Last update on 2020-05-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Leica Noctivid binoculars are ideal for the individual who demands the best viewing experience and knows to appreciate the quality of premium binoculars.
If the high price is still an issue have a look at these more affordable birdwatching binoculars.