This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase I earn a small commission at no extra cost for you.
More than a century of experience in designing and building optical precision instruments has made Leica one of the best binoculars manufacturers in the world. The German-made Leica binoculars come with a hefty price tag, but the quality has its price. And anyone who is familiar with binoculars and who looks through such binoculars will quickly see they cost so much.
With the NOCTIVID binoculars 8×42 and 10×42, Leica introduces two high-quality and extremely durable binoculars. The high-end binoculars are a revolution in the field of observation optics and offer ambitious bird, nature, and outdoor fans an unrivaled quality.
Features of the Leica Noctivid
- 12 precise glass lenses of SCHOTT HT™ (High Transmission) for amazingly natural color rendition and increased brightness.
- Improved geometry of lens surfaces for never-before-achieved resolution and edge-to-edge image sharpness.
- High-temperature plasma deposition lens coatings for perfectly balanced light transmission throughout the entire wavelength range of visible light.
- An innovative new baffle system provides new levels of stray light reduction for improved image contrast.
- New eyepiece design for longer eye-relief, nearer close focus, and wider field-of-view.
- Lightweight, high-strength magnesium body with patented hardness Class 8 surface coating for superior corrosion protection.
- All external lens surfaces benefit from Leica’s HDC® coating for superior abrasion resistance and Leica’s AuqaDura® lens coating provides for ease of cleaning and crystal-clear views in any weather.
- Superior sealing and nitrogen purged for the highest-rated water-/fog-proof performance in any environment – submersible to 16 feet.
- Rubber armoring for a sure grip, added impact protection, and comfortable ergonomics.
- A high mechanical precision focusing system for properly metered focusing speed and tack-sharp images.
The Leica Noctivid produces extraordinary crystal-clear pictures to view just about anything you want without any distortion or interference thanks to the perfectly matched combination of light transmission and stray light suppression. The color neutrality and brilliance create a near-perfect 3D view even under difficult light conditions during dusk or at nighttime viewing.
A grippy rubber coating gives the body an exceptionally pleasant feel and is at the same time non-slip and shock-absorbing. A high-strength, patented special lacquer additionally protects the metal surfaces of the robust magnesium housing. The center of gravity of the binoculars was positioned so that it lies directly in the wrist. This allows for long, relaxed observation and simple handling of the binoculars with only one hand.
These binoculars are waterproof, fog-proof, and even submersible. You don’t have to worry about using your binoculars on rainy days or out at sea on a boat. The technology behind the binoculars is simply exceptional, and if you’re looking for specialized binoculars for different purposes, these can fit the bill.
Expensive, but high-end doesn’t come cheap
Leica Noctivid 8×42
The 8x magnification of the Leica Noctivid 8×42 provides the observer with a 135m/1000m field of view. The large exit pupil and the high-quality coatings ensure a bright image in low-light conditions and twilight.
Leica Noctivid 10×42
With 10x magnification, the Noctivid 10×42 has a slightly smaller field of view 112m/1000m but allows for a more detailed observation of details at greater distances.
The Leica noctivid is ideal for all nature lovers and professional users who demand the best viewing experience and appreciate the quality of premium binoculars.
If the high price is still an issue have a look at these more affordable birdwatching binoculars.